Whether you are starting a business and looking for legal advice; involved in a court matter or contractual disputes; looking for a business lawyer to assist with commercial litigation; drawing up your Wills or dealing with a Probate matter; need a conveyancer or someone to advise you on a lease; planning to buy or sell a business, or need advice on an workplace issue, Nemer Essey Lawyers can help.
We know Australian business laws through and through and have sound and extensive legal experience across many different industries and areas of practice. We offer an overall practical legal solutions to individuals, small businesses and SMEs. We pride ourselves on our ability to look outside the box, provide practical and commercial options for you and put into place strategies and tactics to deal with complex legal issues or risks where necessary.
The firm has the tools and knowledge to support your business and often works together with your accountants and/or financial advisors.
Headed by Norma T. Nemer TEP, Nemer Essey Lawyers offer the following legal services for businesses and individuals:-
- Business Structures: If you are establishing a new business enterprise, we can help you make sure that you are setting the business up soundly, whether by partnership, joint venture, company or trusts. If you’re looking to restructure your business, we can help with partnership dissolutions and corporate restructures.
- Contracts: Our commercial lawyers can prepare, review and advise you on all types of legal contracts; including purchase or sale of business, supply agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements, partnership agreements, leases or commercial contracts. We’ll make sure that the contract terms and conditions are suitable for your business now and into the future and ensure that due diligence standards are met.
- Commercial Disputes & Commercial Litigation: We offer dispute resolution services and assistance in all business litigation. We cover a wide range of problems including breach of contract, building and property disputes, debt recovery, partnership disputes and corporations law issues.
- Corporations Law: We can assist with shareholder’s agreements, advising directors on their duties and providing advice on corporate governance.
- Property & Leasing: We can assist with retail and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants. We can also assist with the sale or purchase of commercial property right up to settlement.
- Commercial Law & Small Business Legal Advice: Nemer Essey Lawyers offers small businesses everyday practical legal help in a wide range of matters including trade practices law, contracts, work place industry and standards and consumer law.
- Workplace & Employment Problems: We can draw up or review employment contracts as well as assist you with disputes, dismissal procedures and unfair dismissal claims. We can also provide advice to your business relating to occupational health and safety issues.
- Debt Recovery, Bankruptcy & Insolvency: We work with you through the whole process of recovering money owed to you, starting with an initial Letter of Demand through to drawing up Statements of Claim and enforcing Court Judgments.
- Litigation and Court Attendances: Nemer Essey Lawyers is fortunate enough to have experienced enough practitioners that can work with you from the advisory position, through to negotiation, conciliation, mediations and litigation, if necessary.
Norma has sufficient breadth of knowledge in business to provide a one stop shop.
Asset Protection, Business Succession, Estate Planning, Wills & Probate
You need a plan in place to make sure that your hard earned business and personal assets are protected. We can work with your business and your family to devise a plan that keeps your hard won assets safe through unit, discretionary and family trusts. We can assist you in drawing up simple to more complicated Wills with testamentary trusts included to provide you with greater protection and advantages. The principal Norma T. Nemer, is an accredited testamentary and estates practitioner and member of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners. We also draw up Powers of Attorneys and can assist you with Advance Care Directives.
Long term relationships are important to us
The same practitioner will usually have conduct of your matter throughout. The benefit to you is that you potentially save time and costs in not having to repeat facts, confidence that we understand your specifics and your evidence, and you know who you are dealing with at all times. As such, our practitioners will develop a unique understanding of your industry and more importantly, your particular business, as we believe that this allows us to provide you with more thorough and comprehensive advice and protection. Our aim is to build up long term relationships with you over the course of your business.
Our personal & business legal services are focused on building long term relationships with our clients so that we can get to know you and your business, understand it nuances, and provide timely advice when needed, even if that means just a touch base phone call.